Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lasson's Quilt




I just finished Lasson's quilt. I just love the modern approach mixed with the vintage feel fabrics. Each row is quilted slightly different and it has a scrappy backing. I was at loss for a long time for a pattern, so I made one up that suited the fabrics.
Harrison was asking all about who Dick and Jane were and why they are on Lasson's quilt. I had to explain that it was the books I learned to read with. I think I was probably the last generation to learn to read with them. The end of an era and then we were on to Sesame Street and Phonics, but I still love the innocence of those pictures and wondering what trouble Sally, Spot or Puff could get up to.

1 comment:

Binns Family said...

The quilt looks great! We have a Dick and Jane book that the boys love to read.