Monday, July 20, 2009

Lull before the Storm


After having an incredibly busy summer I feel we've reached a short period of quiet time for our family. T-Ball . . .Done. Camping . . .Done. Mom's surgery . . .Done. Adoption Training . . .Done. School supplies . . .Done. School uniforms . . .Done. I'm sure the fall will bring new challenges and again some busy schedules that come with having two boys. I just feel that for moment we can take a deep breath and relax for a moment.

The event that lurks on the horizon has me avoiding thinking about it. My constant companion, day in and day out, for the last five years is going to school! I can't believe that he can possibly be that old. As I have been shopping for uniforms, shoes and supplies I had epiphany that as much as I have looked forward to a little more time to myself, I will really miss him. He's is so bright and funny. I can't imagine a morning without the question: "Mom, what are we going to do fun today?". And though I often felt like a cruise director looking for just the right activity to keep a preschooler amused, I looked forward to all the hugs, kisses and thank yous that come with the job title of Mom.

No comments: